Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exiting the app

Options
  • 15-05-2023 4:43pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was authorising a payment just now but had to restart because of an issue on the seller's site. So I retry, get the message re the new authorisation on the seller site, return to the app but it's still showing the screen from the previous attempt. 

Is there a way to exit the app or do I need to wait and let it time out? 

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there, thanks for reaching out to us

Can you please confirm what appears on the Retailers site ? Thanks, Anna

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Usual message appeared re authorisation.

Seller site had then timed out when I went back after logging onto the BOI app to do the (first) authorisation so I had to restart the process.

I couldn't see a way to exit the BOI app, just wondered if there is actually a way to do it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Rustyman101

The app is an absolute disaster, I have to go into , settings ,apps , boi and force stop before I order anything as I cant get the approval notice otherwise, please don't go down the phone route, TSB,N26 & Revolut work perfectly well without being constantly rebooted.

In the process of dumping the CC after 30 years with BOI.

Hi there, thanks for getting back to me

If you have an Android phone, please select the button to the left of your home button and select 'Close All'

If you are an IOS user, please swipe your finger up and then drag slightly to the right of your home page, you will then see all of your previously used Apps, please drag the BOI App upwards until it disappears, this will close down the App and refresh it for you.

Alternatively, you can power off your phone completely for 5-10 minutes to refresh the App that way. Thanks, Anna

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Okay, I will try that if it happens again.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Thanks Hilda

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Do NOT close all if the supplier app is going to want confirmation that you've paid, that is VERY BAD advice, as the supplier app will be waiting for your confirmation that you've completed the BOI process.

If you close all, the supplier app will also be closed. There's no way to know what the implications of that will be, and your order may fail.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Advertisement