Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Breaker and Dumper hire

• 15-05-2023 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all,

I'm in the early stages of looking at submitting a planning application to build a house on the parent's land in Kilkenny. The only patch of land that is probably good from a planning standpoint (local road with good entrance visibility) is a field with a slope gradient of around 1:10 above the road. There is a few feet of top soil but below that it's mostly solid rock. A neighbour built a house below the road about 20 years ago and they had an excavator with a rock breaker in for 2 weeks.

In today's money, would anyone know how much would something like that would cost (ball park)? A 13 tonne digger with a rock breaker with operator on site for 2 weeks. I'd probably need a dumper as well to get rid of the rock. Anything else I should consider?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 The Dip

Bumping in case anyone has any thoughts. I have been told by a friend in construction that a rock breaker would cost 130 per hour and a dumper would be another 60 or 70. So looking at 200 euro an hour. potentially for 2 weeks or more. Looking at 20k there potentially before any foundations are laid. Does that sound reasonable? Anyone had any experience of preparing a similar site before?

Advertisement