Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing sockets & Switches - Grid Module Switch question

Options
  • 16-05-2023 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

I've been switching out all the white sockets and light switches throughout each room when I redecorate. I'm not on to the kitchen and have all of them done except for the grid module switches we use for the fridge/extractor fan/microwave.

They are currently using Schneider Electric GUG20DPMW Grid Switch DP 20AX switches - loads of photos at the bottom.

To replace them, I bought an antique brass faceplate and Selectric GROD360 antique brass 20a SP 1 way switches

While both are BS EN 60669, the new switches don't have a terminal for the neutral wires to screw into, just L1 and L2 with one of each not having a screw in the terminal.

Are the switches I bought the wrong ones, and if they are, do you know where I would get the correct ones? They need to be antique brass to stop a divorce.

Comments

Advertisement