Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

creation of Irish Cycling Campaign

Options
  • 17-05-2023 9:10am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭

i got this mail as i'm a member of dublin cycling campaign, but i think it might be of interest here (i didn't make it to the EGM)

The Future of Cycling Advocacy in Ireland

Dear Members*,

At an EGM of the Dublin Cycling Campaign CLG (comprising both Cyclist.ie and Dublin Cycling Campaign) on 19 April 2023, the new constitution was unanimously adopted and a new name was chosen for the national organisation, the Irish Cycling Campaign.

This means we can now develop into a strong, unified national cycling advocacy organisation. Over the next weeks and months we will plan our journey and look to you, our members and volunteers, to help us. 

Changes you will see over the coming months are:

• Rebranding to Irish Cycling Campaign (subject to regulatory approval of the name)
    • Moving to an individual national membership model (as opposed to what has been effectively, a federation of (35+) groups)
    • Increasing funding, membership numbers and levels of volunteering activity 
    • Enhancing our communications and promotion 

We are hugely ambitious for our organisation and we look to increase our staff, our affiliations and our profile. Fundraising is, and will be, highly important to what we want to achieve and we will look to leverage your support and expertise to help us with that.

Please let us know how you would like to get involved by contacting me: xxxxxxxx@dublincycling.com

This is a really exciting time for the Campaign, its members and all our groups and volunteers. We look forward to engaging with you over the transition to a truly national every-day cycling advocacy group.

Note that later in the year, we expect to plan an in-person gathering to which all of our members will be invited - more again on this as plans crystallise. 

Happy cycling and enjoy Bike Week 2023,

Comments

Advertisement