Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you say anything to the school about this?

Options
  • 17-05-2023 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

At a recent first communion mass, a couple of the kids including my own were seated at the peripheral aisles when the rest of the class were seated in the central aisles. It was a big church, half full, and there was no reason why all kids making their communion were not in the the central aisles. There are 2 central aisles so needing the 1st 15 rows of both central aisles, which is only a the top third of the church.

As a result we could hardly see anything happening in the main aisle, could hardly see our boy going up. Our relatives had free seating in the central aisles and had a good view and thankfully took lovely photos of him.

We were very disappointed with it and especially as there seemed to be no reason for it.

I'm not one to complain and am wary of doing so in case it's held against me but I'm still annoyed by it.

Someone has suggested to let it go, but to raise it in advance for my next child so that it could be avoided for that future mass.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

The event has come and gone. You're not going to achieve anything by saying anything.

If it's really bothering you, you could mention it in a "feedback" type way to the teacher, if you happen to be talking to the teacher.

Something along the lines of " while I'm talking to you Ms Smith, I just thought I'd mention this for next year. Where we were seated at the communion we couldn't see any of the actual mass/procession. Lucky for us , some family members were beside the aisle and took videos. However, next year another family may not be as fortunate. Just thought I'd mention it"

Or something like that. See what they say.

Like your friend said , next child say it in advance to the teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭misc2013

Yeah fair enough. I do need to contact the teacher about a separate issue so I might mention it in passing as a feedback thing.

Definitely bring it up, won't change anything for you but may change the layout for next year, put a bit more thought into it.

Advertisement