Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Automatic for learner under 10k, need suggestions

• 17-05-2023 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

It will be my replacement car for a while until the learner passes their test. Any recommendations for a fairly reliable car under 10k with parking sensors? I don't want one of those Japanese imports that are easy to steal. The likes of a Yaris is a bit small for our needs and I'd feel quite unsafe in it. A petrol golf would be fine but it's hard to find an automatic, I believe the small capacity tsi engines have oil burning issues?

Please post links to suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭LasersGoPewPew

I can't edit my initial post, I will increase my budget to 12k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Miscreant

You could go with an Auris Hybrid or a Prius. They can be got for less than 12k but you would be looking at something around 10 year old mark. They are very reliable and sold in large numbers in this market so would be easy to find a non-Japanese import one if insurance is an issue.

Here's a 2012 Auris for 8900: Used 2012 Toyota Auris 1.8 HSD 4DR AUTO in Dublin (carzone.ie)

There are plenty to choose from online and I don't think the Auris Hybris is a typical Japanese import so most would be Irish or UK cars. I had one, almost identical to the ad, for 8 years and it never missed a beat. The Prius on the other hand would have a lot of Japanese imports however they are very easy to spot from the outside.

I'm sure others will be along with more suggestions :)

Advertisement