Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stages L200

Options
  • 17-05-2023 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting a cycling computer. Previously had an Edge 800 and twas great.

Looking at the Stages L200 as it's cheap and large. Would be using it mainly for basic stuff like GPS & maybe a bit of turbo training. Are the workouts any good on it, i.e. easy to program/setup?

I don't have a powermeter and use mechanical shifting so don't need Di2 compatability. Will it work with any powermeter just in case I get one down the line.

I note it's a USB 2.0 port. Slow I suppose whereas the new Edge 840 USB C?

Does the L200 have something like ClibmPro?

Are the maps as good as Garmins?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Antipathetic

It seems to be a good device however it looks like it is missing some nice to have features that are on the others that you mentioned just out of curiosity is there any particular reason you want to switch away from Garmin?

To be honest having watched the below video I'm not a big fan on how it displays maps compared to the others also it only displays climbs when you have a route loaded whereas the others now display climbs without having to have a route loaded. Personally, I am going to get a 540 this summer because I think it is the best bike GPS head unit for most people of this current tech generation.

The above video is good in going through the differences between the units from Garmin and Wahoo.

Don't let the terrorists in Israel win. Please donate to UNRWA now!

https://donate.unrwa.org/-landing-page/en_EN

Advertisement