Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People of Crumlin, what's your opinion on Saul road?

Options
  • 18-05-2023 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all,

My husband and I have been looking at a couple of properties on Saul road Crumlin but we aren't familiar with the area.

I previously lived for 4 years on Cork st Dublin 8 which isn't far from there and in all that time I had no issues apart from one attempted breakin while we were asleep but I rang the gardai and they nabbed one of the guys.

Would it be an OK road to live on do you think? I'm into getting to know my neighbours, giving the older ones a hand if they need it and that. I recently viewed a house on Benmadigan road Drimnagh not knowing the area and saw a fight outside the house next door to the one for sale so that was an eye opener. Absolutely no offense to anyone from that area by the way, there are good and bad people on every road but it didn't make me feel very safe watching to guys fighting literally next door to the house I was thinking of bidding on.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Saul Road is mainly grand from my experience, I'm also from Dublin 8 but now live in Drimnagh. There is a Garda car usually parked up outside a house on Saul Rd not sure for who but there's a few news articles of on that road.

We viewed a house on Benmadigan Rd initially before we bought on Cooley Rd near the Hospital - we didn't really like around Benmadigan ourselves tbh. A house got set on fire there a couple of weeks back too... Parts of Drimnagh are nice and settled like around Curlew Rd, Kilworth Rd, Carrow Rd, Dromard Rd, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭berocca2016

Might be a bit late in responding! But have lived adjacent for 8 years and have never had any negative experiences. In fact the neighbours are actually all lovely and the road is very settled itself. Lots of people got involved with BloomingCrumlin and there is loads of new trees being planted on the road. I would also say that opposed to the main roads, there is way less traffic on Saul.

In relation to the previous poster and in relation to the house with the Garda car and the news articles, the previous inhabitants have now been moved on….

The transport links are excellent, with the 77A and 56A bringing you through town to Grand Canal, the 151 bringing you through town to the IFSC, the 27 bringing you through town to Clare Hall and the 150 every 20 minutes bringing you to Dame Street. There is also the 17 which brings you to Dundrum, the 18 which brings you through Rathmines/Ranelagh to Sandymount.

Birchalls Pub is great for a quiet pint on Bangor Drive, then there is numerous places now on Sundrive (which is now calling itself Kimmage Village) such as the Stoneboat, Allbarchicken, and even a newly opened wine and cheese shop called Bon Vivant. Pickles and Reas Cafe are also great spots for a coffee and a sambo.

Advertisement