Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenancy agreement

Options
  • 18-05-2023 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have lived in a shared house for 18 months under an agreement between 4 tenants. One tenant left last November and the landlord told the remaining tenants that we have the choice to either vacate the property or to sign a new agreement for just us three and that we would have to cover the shortfall in rent. He also told us that we would have to pay the tenant who left, his deposit back ourselves (that wasn't in the original contract) and that payment would cover the shortfall in the new deposit. 

My question is does my tenancy re-start from the date of the new tenancy agreement (it was a new contract and not a continuation contract)? I have given 28 days notice to vacate the property, as I believed it was the correct amount of notice seeing a new agreement for tenancy was signed. My landlord is saying it is incorrect notice and I should be giving them 42 days notice.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks

Best Answer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

It might be a new lease or new tenancy agreement but it wasn’t a new tenancy AFAIK.

Answers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

We're not creating a new forum for the sake of this. Moved to a forum that's related to the topic instead.

Advertisement