Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Five Nights At Freddy’s

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hmm.

On the one hand, there's material that could make for a fun horror movie here. And Blumhouse are generally fairly savvy at this kind of thing.

On the other hand, Willy's Wonderland already did the own-brand version with the added bonus of Nicolas Cage starring, and yet it was disconcertingly inert and, worst of all for a film of its type, boring.

Hopefully this avoids that particular mistake, but as teasers go that almost looks like it could be selling two different films given that FNAF is mostly famous as being about a security guard trying to avoid murderhappy animatronics...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Hey! It's Peeta from the Hunger Games! Haven't seen him in ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,700 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 86,700 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The movie is officially set on October 27, 2023 rated PG-13. It will also stream exclusively on Peacock on the same date.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

This movie has just been given a 15 rating in the UK. My 11 year old FNAF nut got wind of this news and is devastated about what it might mean for an Irish rating. 😫

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

I just watched this and it is one of the biggest pieces of utter dogshit I've ever seen.

The first 20-30 minutes I was thinking it was shaping up to be surprisingly decent but it falls apart completely.

I haven't played the games but I can't imagine any universe in which having played the games would reframe this as good.

I feel bad for Josh Hutcherson because he actually put in a good performance but total stinker of a movie.

And I have seen Willy's Wonderland which is generally considered a Five Night's at Freddy's ripoff and actually thought that one was decent enough.

Also don't get the age rating - the movie was very little violence, zero explicit violence, no real swearing, etc. It could easily be PG.

Advertisement