Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster V Stade Rochelais. Champions Cup Final. Sat May 20, 16:45. Aviva Stadium, Dublin.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Shows the fire :) there's some cheap niggles from LAR, Antonio and a few of the big lads taking a long long time to roll off the last man out of the ruck, and a few cheap forearm presses on the ground too, so I'm not super surprised to see handbags.

Lucky there.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭fitz

There's no way there wasn't a knock on in the lead up to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,706 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Wow that half just flew by. Amazing start by Leinster but this match is far from decided.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,253 ✭✭✭tanko

This game is far from over, is James Ryan not coming back on?

Unreal half of rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

• Registered Users Posts: 17,144 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Ryan out is a hammer blow.

Not confident with the gap being just 9 points. Need an earlyish try in the second 40. Leinster held the lead at half time in both games La Rochelle and still lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭ongarite

Ryan failed HIA.

Ref will tighten up his breakdown lack of enforcement in 2nd half IMO.

Ryan off for good.

Think Peyper knows he has to keep very tight control on this, so unless there's huge uncertainty about something I doubt he's going upstairs unless forced by the TMO

Ryan a huge loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,109 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Crazy first half, with lots of quality but also error-strewn.

Big miss with the news of Ryan failing his HIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Sheehan is like an extra centre in broken play. I wonder if they’ll replace Ringrose fairly early?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,354 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Jenkins looks like he's strolling around since he came on. Ryan such a massive loss.

Leinster's need to sort their **** out. Gave La Rochelle a try after a great steal. Think they should've gone to the corner at least one more time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,253 ✭✭✭tanko

Will LAR be able to stick this incredible pace, the same question could be asked of Leinster i suppose, going to be a long 40 minutes

I hope not, him/henshaw/Keenan have been critical in **** things down early.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭This is it

Heart isn't able for this

• Registered Users Posts: 17,144 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Feels like there was more ball in play time in the first half than there was for the entire final last season. Hope to God that benefits Leinster later on.

La Rochelle look lethal when they make inroads into our 22. They've so many big men that they're bound to get over the gain line.

Leinster showed great ambition in the opening 20 minutes. More than I've seen in recent Champions Cup finals. They need to keep that up in the second half. That's how you win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Amazing intensity from Leinster in that first half and some great set pieces. But I'm very concerned about LARs ability to just bulldoze the ball over the try line when they get within the red zone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

Really hope those 2 conversions aren't costly.

• Administrators Posts: 53,763 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

When La Rochelle get the phases going they are overpowering Leinster. Tacklers getting bounced, defenders having to double or triple up in every phase.

If La Rochelle can cut the errors they will win this IMO.

Leinster really need to keep the ball away from them. I think the defensive tactics are correct, very fast line speed and try force a mistake. It’s the only option. Sometimes they’ll get outside and stroll in though, as we saw for their 2nd.

Furlong in trouble?

This isn't good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Honestly we will do well to survive every scrum in the second half, the penalties will flow if they don't figure something out

Leinster looking weary.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,354 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Don't get a good vibe from the team at the moment. Defense seems a bit frantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

That's a penalty ffs

• Advertisement

Leinster scrum. furlong and Ryan gone. Big test. Well done. Three points.

Advertisement