Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone stuck in boot mode

• 19-05-2023 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭

i have a sony experia phone about 3 years old , i turn on the phone ,i put in my pin code,eg xxxx,.

4 nos,

it says shows experia in different colours ,after about 10 seconds it says android is starting , but thats it it never loads up the os or the android menu with app icons ,just android starting in white letters, with moving line underneath .i left it on for an hour ,

i can press power on ,volume down to get in to safe mode , but it just says android is starting,

with safe mode logo at lower part of screen.

any idea ,s , id like to go to recovery mode to do a full reset,

i just use this phone for mp3 music and radio playback ,and maybe watching youtube videos

its not my main phone .

i know i can buy a new phone for 100 or 130 euros from that has the latest version of android

it worked okay up till this morning.i think theres not much free space on the phone, eg its 98 per cent full

i download podcasts every day and 1 or 2 youtube videos

i did a software update ,today ,it says your phone is now updated when i restarted the phone, but i,m still stuck in an endless Android is starting mode

i,ll try and go into recovery mode and maybe delete data or do a full reset,

i just feel bad throwing a phone away that could be fixed by doing a reset or deleting files

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I plugged in my sony experia phone today i installed experia companion on my pc and i transfered mp3 files from the phone onto my google drive , i deleted 1 gig of files from the phone when the power went down to 8 per cent a window appeared switch to ulra stamina power mode ,

i clicked ok, the phone went to ultra stamina mode , it now appears to work as before .i was able to play a mp3 music files ,the normal android menu appeared with app icons screen, i turned it off and restarted the phone , it loaded up android os after about 15 second s .

the phone appears in my computer as device , experia , 32 gig .i can copy files or delete files .

so the phone appears to be fixed .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭dontmindme

Looks like it updated but didn't have enough storage space to finish.

I updated yesterday and then it said new update installed. Yesterday I deleted 1 gig of files . Mostly YouTube videos .it's at 1 per cent power. I'll just charge it tommorow ,it seems to be working ok now

It's working fine now , when it went to 8 per cent power I was able to put it into ultra power saving mode

Advertisement