Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What’s included in a farm partnership ?

Options
  • 20-05-2023 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I’ll be going to a farm advisor next week but I’m here to ask would anyone know what’s included in a farm partnership.

I have the opportunity to get into a farm partnership with someone who has cattle. I know the partnership will include being a partner in that business however they also have a separate business ( separate in that it’s registered as a business under a different name) this business involves selling beef boxes and vegetable direct to customers. Would the farm partnership see me as a partner of that business even though it is registered under a different name?Would a farm partnership include everything the farmer is growing and selling from the land or is it the main farm in this case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Steer well clear, it will end in tears, I know many examples

Let someone of you pay a lease or a wage to the other to organise your common business.

The fact that you don't have even the basic picture of the extent of your involvement from your discussions with the other party is not a good sign to start with. The advisor should just be for the formalities and troubleshooting.

There's an old story about playing cards, if you look around the table and can't see the a sucker, it's time to fold and get up off your chair.

Advertisement