Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting TV to router

Options
  • 20-05-2023 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I need to connect my Smart TV to my router using an Ethernet cable but the Ethernet port on the TV is not accessible as the bracket I’m using is blocking it. What options do I have? I don’t want to connect it wirelessly if at all possible.

Could I use a spare HDMI socket on the TV by using a HDMI to Ethernet adaptor and if so is there a specific type I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance .

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,170 ✭✭✭Gusser09

No. That wont work.

Whats wrong with wifi? You could try a flat hdmi ethernet cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Eleusis

Right angled Ethernet cable? Or maybe you could drill a hole through the bracket.

Edit: if you drill it make sure you take it off the bracket first as the follow through from the drill will likely not be a pleasant result.

Post edited by Eleusis on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

What Ethernet cable you use?

CAT5e are more flexible than CAT6 , still capable for 1GB, not all TV's even support GB anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭niallb

It might be possible to take the bracket off, insert the ethernet cable and then put the bracket back on. Most of the plug will be below the surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭greasepalm

What brackets would block ports on a tv is strange , spacers and longer screws maybe and does tv get good air movement.

• Advertisement
Advertisement