Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Leo Varadkar have any empathy?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

I love Leo Varadkar, he rocks.

It is highly likely he has sociopathic tendencies, every successful politician in history has faced sacrifices which they must influence their decisions on. All those decisions eventually effect someone in a good or bad way. If you dwell on that reality you will eventually find a way to manufacture blame or acclaim on that decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭mulbot

There's a few clips to be found if a very young Leo talking about his political aspirations-will tell you everything you need to know about him. Horribly egotistical and like all politicians, a narcissist

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

It's not a slur in the context used by Varadkar on this occasion. What he is saying though, is that people who don't agree with him with regard to SF are stupid. Of course, he could be correct, but such a blanket statement essentially aimed at SF voters who got more votes than any other party in the last GE is at best, highly insulting to the electorate. I didn't vote SF, but I wouldn't call their voters stupid if I was the leader of of the country.

Varadkar wasn't talking about people who are slow to take up the piano. He was talking about SF voters. I'm not outraged and the tweet hasn't changed my opinion of Varadkar. He is a smug, out of touch, slimy, self serving áss-hat. I dislike him when I first saw him on Vincent Browne saying he wouldn't allow "another red cent" be paid to the banks. Of course, it was a lie for votes in the GE which saw FG make huge gains and get into power. I voted FG, but knew Varadkar was a snake. I just didn't expect he would take over the top job from Kenny.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

He wasnt talking about slow learners in the sense the faux outraged imply either.

He didnt say they were stupid fullstop. He said they made a stupid political choice reflecting a lack of experience or understanding of consequences... and unfortunately I add may only realise that after the impact of the mistake becomes apparent.

Given your other comments about Varadkar it is obvious you are not parsing this is an unbiased manner.

The point of the piano remark was obvious to show you can be a slow learner at X but not stupid. You couldnt refute the example.

But sure that was obvious and your remark a blatant deflection.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Murph85

He certainly doesn't have empathy for the peasants on over 40k and half the salary he thieves over that amount....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Leo has proven himself a man of low integrity and empathy.

He is not especially so: he is part of a political system that has been enslaved to corporatism and, hence, enslaved to short term economic gain. It becomes necessary to shun values such as honesty and foresight.

The individual above the collective, profit over prudence, the corporation over the nation.

Ireland is no longer a country, its an economy. The Irish are no longer a nation, they are a market and a labour pool.

We are battered with messages demanding that we give up our national bonds and surrender any right to the space and resources of our homeland. To be ashamed of our presence on our own island. To be ashamed of ourselves. This to make us more amenable to domination and exploitation.

Leo isn't the problem, the system that produced him is.

Future generations of Irish people will pay in blood for the greed, self-interest, cowardice and naivety of the current governance.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The OP is banned from a number of threads relating to the Government for a reason

They seem to therefore start threads dedicated to aspects of the Government they wish to discuss

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement