Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Yes I was 10 at the time and the golf course road was flooded too in rathfarnham , that's why it had to be rebuild, was summer 2007 because my cousin was born in the July and I went to Portugal in the June for 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

A passably decent day. Big improvement on recent weather, but still just enough intermittent showers to keep the grass too wet to cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭pauldry

Today was OK a day in Sligo. Some sun and 17c not much rain if any.

Yesterday there was a 10mm downpour in the morning but sunshine and clouds the rest of the day. We seem to be doing OK bar the 70mm between Thursday and Sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Very heavy rain on the west cork coast now since around 7pm. Depressing. Visited Clare at the weekend and plenty of flooded fields around the place, similar to what you'd see in November

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Tshirt weather earlier this evening. More humid than sunny. Once no rain I was easily pleased ha

Here comes the rain for morning commute eek

14⁰ Meath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Very very wet morning in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Dreadful morning in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Another wet, miserable, utterly depressing day in west Limerick.

We're really paying a hefty price for that fine spell in June..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭OldRio

Well back to the rain. Muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭pad199207

Beautiful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Brutal morning. Pools of water everywhere. 14⁰ Dublin 1

Brother reporting 26⁰ North Spain this morning.

Pig of a morning in Cork City. Hard to put lipstick on it, but at least it's not windy and the overnight rain has done less damage to the garden than the two previous big rain events, which wrought a bit of havoc. Very glad I made the call on Sunday to cancel what we had planned and we are going swimming instead. Hopefully we get a clearance for the afternoon - at least at this time of the year it dries up quickly.

Depressing morning. Holidays cant come quick enough now at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Yesterday was quite nice, sunny spells and hardly a drop of rain. So far this morning its nice enough again, sun breaking throgh the clouds here in Donegal.

Ill definitely take it at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Wet in Galway this morning. According to Met.ie, the evening looks nice. That's the main thing midweek.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

i Keep having to remind myself it’s July. It’s actually comical at this stage. Like October out there. When we are at the stage that at least our gardens didn’t get flooded and there’s no wind we are well and truly goosed (I agree with you dancinpants by the way). We’ll get 17 degrees and sunny spell’s tomorrow and think we’ve won the lottery 😀.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭alentejo

These feel like the wettest days for years in Dublin for years. Last Monday washout, friday and saturday washouts and now today. In the mix, days with heavy showers or longer prolonged rain events.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭gilly1910

Absolutely awful morning in Dublin, like a drowned rat after my cycle into work. The entire nation will be a in state of depression if we have to put up with much more of this 😥

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

This reminds me of those dreaded summers of 2007-12! Low pressure circulating right on top of us the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭Artane2002

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

This is now getting ridiculous. I really feel for the tourists here. I appreciate they aren't here for weather, but they look so glum walking around Dublin today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Very heavy rain all night in west cork, big drops of rain. Lovely blue skies with some clouds around now.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Hairypoppins

Weren't you the one that was disappointed with last July's record breaking weather in dublin? Going on about cloud all the time on here if I recall, at least it was dry and very warm and felt summary, you must be cracking up now this July if you thought last July wasn't great

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Niall145

I would be cracking up right now if I hadn't a sun holiday booked for August; summer in Ireland basically ended on 1 July.

Heavy Rain in Kildare the last while with 9mm in the gauge

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Overnight rain cleared to light showers and a bit of a clearance looking West over Tralee Bay towards Brandon. Cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Feels very warm now in Cork after the rain clearing through 👌

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

It ended final week of June, final day of June was a washout from what I remember. At least we had 2 decent warm days on 7th/8th of July, the only 2 days of summer weather this July.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭pauldry

The stupid jets over us so we get everything that's out there. Need a ridge to push it North. I've a feeling August won't be as dreadful as July.

• Advertisement

Warm and sunny now in Cork after the rain cleared about an hour ago. Feels like a different planet to what I woke up to. No new casualties in the garden despite some of the bigger flowers wanting to topple over. The wind usually finishes them off by snapping the stems but at least we didn't have that to contend with.

Advertisement