Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Frequent showers earlier today but eased off now and sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭alentejo

Just looking at the ME radar. Seems to be a large shower around Navan. I suspect this will impact dublin around 4.30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Grand day in Cork, few short showers but well scattered. Was out on the bike for over 3 hours and only had a small bit of rain. Plenty of sunshine and feeling very pleasant.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

That heavy shower is now here in Dunshaughlin, skies gone very dark and rain pelting down, this is the 4th write off Sunday in a row here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Lots of people got soaked in Dublin CC just before 3. Torrential downpour then sunny 3 mins later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Some very heavy showers this morning, it has turned into a nice day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

No showers yet in west cork, sitting out in the garden in the sunshine for the first time in a while ! Warm until a cloud appears!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It was originally going to be two warm and fine days, but now it looks like perhaps one full day in the east, before the cloud and drizzle in the west makes it way east later in the day. It is looking like August will be a lot drier overall than July, especially further east

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I think the Icon has so far played out the brief warm up better than the other models keeping it to a 24 hour event at the very most and bringing it for Wednesday rather than Thursday. Yes August looks like being considerably drier than July in eastern and southern areas, but still unsettled/mixed for the most part. Definitely a better chance of getting some dry days with heights a bit higher at times towards the south and east.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Lovely day here in carrick , Sun is out yes you seen that correctly the sun is out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Mid to low 20s says Mark Bowe this evening on the weather. He said the same last night for mid week.

Surely Mark it's the other way around ie Low to mid 20s!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

2 nice nice days in Galway after the Friday night rain. Good timing for the end of the races.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Some nice brightness but still lashing rain. "Stair rods" as my mother would say. It has been a fairly bad couple of days in Dublin/Kildare. Apart from a few dry hours this morning until 11am, it's been wet (huge downpours interspersed with misty rain) breezy, and cool. Let's hope tomorrow is drier, as forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Lovely sunny evening now after a few showers earlier,temp of 19c and feels quite pleasant

Every day in Meath this first week of August has been awful, cold, wet, windy and utterly miserable.

The rain in the Meath/Dublin area has been fairly relentless over the past few days, right now Dublin Airport, Phoenix Park and Dunsany are the wettest stations in the country, not often that is the case.

However I think we're beginning to turn a corner after today and the coming week certainly looks drier, not completely dry it will remain unsettled but nowhere near as wet as it has been.

Projected rainfall amounts of the next 10 days look much less than at any week from June 20th till today.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mykrodot

a stunningly beautiful in Derrynane Kerry today....lots and lots of people on the beach, kayaking, body boarding, snorkelling and swimming. I took a few photos after my swim, it was like the Cote d'Azur!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭acequion

Well ye must have a completely different climate down there, an hour away by car from here at most but it was no Cote D'Azur here in Tralee today. It was mostly dry and pleasant but very autumnal and almost completely overcast and cool. Long sleeves and long pants weather, let's not get carried away. Much better than the the crap of the last week, but still far from summer.

I'd say the talking up of the weather will go into overdrive once we get a slight improvement. We'll be contenders for Costa del Sol by next week.🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mykrodot

definitely not talking up the weather . Yesterday I was in Cahersiveen and it was sunny but cool and windy, great weather for the music festival. I swam at Cuascroom . Today in Derrynane I was swimming at 9.30 and there was a shower of rain. After that it cleared up into bright blue skies and sunshine. I took some photos and if I could upload them here I would (if anyone would like to tell me how I would be delighted to share them, date stamps and all!) I stayed in Derryane until 1pm and left as I had no shorts or sunscreen. Jeans and jumper were far too heavy for the weather there today.

I have no reason to talk up the weather, God know its been crap enough!! But today and yesterday were beautiful in South Kerry, although yesterday was cool . I swim everyday, in all seasons so the sea is indeed lovely at this time of year compared to Winter or ever our cold Spring this year .

I try to be positive when I can be, there is no need to be negative all of the time. This is a "general discussion" thread, not a "bad weather only "discussion thread. There are enough days in this country when the weather is too awful for words, this weekend was a rare time to rejoice in the weather in South Kerry. I am sure tomorrow will be a different story but for today and yesterday I was happy with the beautiful weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

It was beautiful in Dingle as well. Was swimming today and yesterday. Had a shower or two but plenty of sunshine as well. Lovely weekend down here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Mod Note: acequion please drop the antagonistic posts. It is not fair to imply that someone is talking up the weather and to take from their enjoyment .

It is their experience and please accept it as that. This constant taking people to task over how they report their impression of the weather in their areas is only goading posters to explain or prove themselves which might be contrary to yours and they should not have to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Mod Note: boetstark post deleted ,off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭acequion

In fairness ye often get it nicer in south Kerry than we do here in the vale of Tralee. We all perceive it differently I guess. I'm glad it was nice and ye enjoyed it. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 6,111 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

even with the airflow originating in the Iceland/S Greenland area three stations managed 20c or a little above yesterday (PP, Oak P and Johnstown Castle)

It just shows what decent sunny spells can do even in a cool airflow,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Drizzly and overcast today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭mcburns07

This "warm spell" is downgrading into a bit of a nothing burger for Cork. A little bit warmer but cloudier than what we had at the weekend and spells of rain tomorrow and Thursday. Backed to unsettled at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I got sun burnt bad yesterday in east Mayo. Face, arms, back, chest and stomach, my legs didn't seem to get any sun burn for some reason. I was just in shorts with my top off while doing things in the garden.

On the plus side we didn't get any rain here near Tralee today even though it was mostly overcast with just a bit of drizzle early this morning .Sunlight did break through a few times briefly and glimpsed some blue patches in the distance from time to time. Little or no wind today and feeling that bit humid, got up to 18.5C and currently 18.0C. Grand for doing a few jobs in the garden, even felt warm with some exertion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭OldRio

Drizzle then showers then rain. Dissapointing.

Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Lovely afternoon in the midlands

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Nice afternoon in Greystones. Managed 20.0c.

Advertisement