Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭pauldry

0.3mm of rain in Sligo this past day a lot wetter when I went to Castlebar tonight but then still dry once past Charlestown on way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Landed in cork last night to the pissings of rain. Woke up this morning to a dank overcast drizzly day but got a laugh out of Ireland being like the Cote D’Azure was it while I was gone.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Not really sure anyone claimed that while you were gone???

someone certainly mentioned Kerry was…..Anyway like their comment mine was in jest.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mykrodot

so if you were out of the country until last night how do you know what the weather in South Kerry was like over the weekend? I have no idea how long your holiday was for and I certainly did not say "while you were gone" the country was like the Cote D'Azur. I said it was like the Cote D'Azur on Derrynane Beach on Sunday! It was simply glorious. Blue skies, sunshine, packed beach, happy families out with kids on body boards, kayaking, snorkelling. Derrynane House and gardens was full of happy tourists.

If you doubt this you can send me your email address and I will send on photos I took (date stamped) for Sunday in Derrynane, likewise the day before at the music festival in Cahirciveen.

I don't bash people when they say the sun was shining in Donegal, Clifden or the rain was falling in Knock, Sligo, Dublin. This is an open comment thread called "general discussion" on the weather on Ireland. Where I was this weekend was just beautiful sunny Irish summer weather.

Considering you landed back into the country last night you are not in a position to comment are you? These comments whether a joke or not are really disheartening. Its been the worst Summer for years so rejoicing in a couple of beautiful days should be welcomed, not shut down!

• Advertisement

Most of this week will be decent enough. Today until Friday mainly dry with temperatures in the 20s and small amounts of rain.

Low Pressure dominates after that though a few sneaky ridges might bring an odd dry spell. No heatwaves this Summer though. It's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

If a week of good weather is forecast we usually get a day or two..so if we are going to get two days it probably means we might get an hour of two of sun...looking at the radar it looks like the forecast for today is wrong already 🙃

If it’s all the same to you I won’t send some randomer on the internet my email address. I passed a light hearted comment is all but as usual the passive aggressive reply comes shining through. I’ve no idea what the weather was like in Kerry at the weekend. My sense would be that it wasn’t remotely like the Cote d’Azure or anywhere like it. But anyway maybe it was……I’m well aware how shite the summer was as a matter of interest and delighted you had a beautiful summers sunny weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Rain in Galway where did that come from it was not forecast was not expecting it to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 24,861 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Met says: Most areas will be dry today with sunny spells, the best of which will be over the northern half of the country. Patchy drizzle, mist and fog will affect southern counties at times. Highest temperatures of 17 to 22 degrees, warmest in the southwest, in a light breeze or near calm conditions.

Yet at 10:30, it is pouring rain in Galway, Mayo, Clare 😒

• Advertisement

Maybe coldest in some country but not this Atlantic driven mess of a nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Heatwave of rain 🙃

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Solar cycle 25 will only peak over the next few years. Can't see a cold winter till 25/26 if basing on solar cycles.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Wilmol

Looks like yet another wet wekened incoming. I lost count how many already, 5 in a row? Beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Raining away in Galway City, bizarre it's not in the MÉ forecast whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

Was damp this morning in Carlow too. And we have hay down 😳. Hope that’s the last of it for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Ozvaldo

Dark dreary day Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭The_Outsider

I was staycationing on and off with family and friends over the last 3 weeks and the general consensus was that its pretty pointless checking met.ie for a forecast as they were consistently wrong. Case in point is right now.

Met.ie shows whats in the attached image right now. It is actually pretty heavy rain outside my window here just outside Ennis, and the Radar shows that its not isolated, but a pretty heavy band stretching from here to Donegal !

I'm not looking for a minute by minute forecast but a mention of a heavy band of rain wouldn't be amiss like !

It wasn't always this bad, the forecasting, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

that band of rain is certainly alot heavier than what was forecast, rain is starting to fall here now, looks like some heavy pulses on the radar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

Ah flip it looks like it’s going to hit Carlow as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Looked worse on radar. Barely got a 1mm here from that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

It was drizzly here this morning. Heavy drizzle and we had a heavy shower in the last hour. As for the forecast lately, it's been awful. Sunday was forecast to be the best day of the weekend. We had showers (heavy at that) most of Sunday. Who knows what summer (tomorrow) will bring? Won't be making any plans anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

It has really turned nice in Galway this afternoon. Dry, warm and sunny. The last 4 days have been decent, mainly because it hardly rained

Post edited by Cluedo Monopoly on

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Cloud opened up to sunshine and got warm here near Tralee. Sweating on the pitch and putt course ( more from the amount of shots I had to take 😀) , 19.3C back at my site ( high of 20C ). Looks like it could be a nice evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Ozvaldo

So dark in Cork City youd need lights on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Lovely and warm here in carrick I forget the sun is still strong at this time of year ,looks like tomorrow and Thursday will be the 2 day wonder for temperatures 🌡

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I see France is going to get hot late next week, while parts of England also go warm. A repeat of todays conditions for a while after mid month would be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Misty,damp murky evening but fierce "close"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Looks very warm to hot for England next week on the 12z but it is an outlier. For us just average temperatures but there is scope within the ensembles for us to get some warmth too and there is a definite warming trend into the second half of August.

Advertisement