Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭esposito

I’d say you’ll be grand. We’ll probably get our summer back around then. Most Septembers in Ireland are pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Hopefully. Went out for lunch on bike and its actually quite nice out now ffs. It really is all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

It has turned into a really nice afternoon in Celbridge. Bright, blue skies, light breeze. Some warmth in the sun, but cool in the shade. A lovely day to be outside working. Really enjoyable.

Strangely though, my mother reports it's raining with dark clouds in Lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

@Gonzo I'm doing Ironman Cork Sunday morning any idea what it be like in Youghal over the weekend?

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

It’s sunny

Edit- spoke too soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,089 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Its lovely now.

Have just put some washing out on the line so fingers crossed.

Apparently sunshine and showers until Friday when it will be lashing again . Flood warnings .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Stunning afternoon down in the very far south west Cork. On the beach with barely a cloud in the sky. Wind cool though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The weather may be a bit showery over the weekend but at the moment nothing too heavy looks likely and temperatures around about average to slightly above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Forecast said becoming drier in the evening...its the evening now and the rain/showers have arrived it was dry durning the morning/afternoon when it said there would be showers 🙃

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭adocholiday

It's been raining on and off all afternoon in South Wicklow and is raining now despite the radar showing nothing all day and both the general and hourly forecast didn't mention it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Its nearly 8 oclock and it has finally cleared up clear blue sky as usual when the day is over...expect it to fully cloud over by the time morning comes and stay cloudy nearly all day...same thing everyday...the sun does not burn the cloud away these days even in the middle of summer for some reason...we get more clear blue skies in winter than summer 🙃

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

Beautiful evening near Trim, lovely warmth in the sun when it’s out, a taste of summer! Is the whole upcoming wend a washout then??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Yes good idea 💡 I might go to the canaries in September or October for 10 days not sure yet 🤔 to me it feels like May as this year is just flying in ,I could also do with some heat not hot but warmth will do me fine 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Just watched the met Office deep dive ,it suggests a possible wind event with heavy rain to the south of Ireland on Friday but confidence in that is about 30% at present, beyond that it looks rather neutral no strong signal for a blocking High nor for a blocking low ,give it a watch guys its interesting and also the 10 day forecast is usually tomorrow as well , I swear by the met Office as it gives more details rather than met eirrean

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭InAtFullBack

Was a pleasant day in east Cork today and felt warm in the sunshine when it broke through in partly cloudy skies. I'd imagine it hit near 21c or there abouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭pauldry

In Brighton for the week. Looks sunny here till Friday when we leave. 21c today 22c tomorrow and 24c Thursday. Makes such a difference to mood to have wall to wall sun. Hvnt had sun like this since June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭compsys

Was a nice enough day here in SCD. Hit over 20º again. Sun in and out all day. Went for a lovely swim in Seapoint in the evening.

The past 10 days or so have been fine really. Bit of sun, bit of cloud, temps just over 20º each day, a light shower here and there. Typical summer weather for Dublin really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

The last few days have been nice in Galway. Swam every day since Wednesday whereas I only swam twice in wet July. The water is lovely now and some decent swells.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Bizarre. I'm also in Lucan and it didn't rain at all today. Strange day though, it started off so dull and dreary yet it was blazing sunshine and the temperature topped 20c when I was out doing the garden after dinner.

Thursday 22c high in the midlands.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

After a lovely morning, fog now in Greystones. 16.3c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Absolute smasher in Cork today and I'm so glad I've got today off work instead of Friday.

20c and almost wall to wall sun, feels like a lovely spring day which is fine by me.

For the seventh weekend in a row, low pressure, rain and wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Status Yellow - Rain warning for Leinster, Munster, Galway

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Heavy rain with thundery downpours on Friday.

Potential Impacts:

• Spot flooding.

• Difficult travelling conditions.

Valid: 16:00 Friday 18/08/2023 to 00:00 Saturday 19/08/2023

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Carol25

Gorgeous day in Galway. Would love one of these days to fall on a weekend!! ECM hinting at a nice day next Wednesday also…August is a big improvement so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Hairypoppins

Blue skies and 🌞 from the word go today,Co wexford

Overcast all day

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Not a great day in Meath either, mostly cloudy, there were a few sunny breaks in the afternoon but cloudy all morning and cloudy since 3pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

One of the nicest days this year overall. Fantastic from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Carol25

Fair play to Joanna on Met Eireann forecast, much clearer delivery and uses rain and cloud predictor also.

Meanwhile the Shannon radar won’t be operational until October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

According to the UKMO long range high pressure might be in charge come September, but they do caveat that with the Hurricane season scuppering it. It's so frustrating to see all the Greenland blocking over the last couple of months. Of course it will be nowhere to be seen next winter!

Advertisement