Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023 referance number

Options
  • 22-05-2023 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Guys,

Last minute . Com need to apply for suckler scheme.

Our referance figure is 8

We only calved 2 on the farm due to a few factors old cows, temperment etc we are increasing for next year

The referance figure only allows to reduce 80% between 6 and 8

One of the criteria is to calve down 50 per cent i want to set it to 4 as only calved 2 but wont let me

What doni do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

If you set your ref no to 6 and don’t calve at least three calves between July 1st last year and June 30th this year you will get thrown out of the scheme i think. How many will you have calved in this period?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 scuggels

Thanks for your reply. We will only calve two so we would have to set the referance to 4 for the duration of the scheme. Hardly worth it then At least with 8 was a few pound in it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

True. The only way you can get paid for 8 cows is to buy in two heifers/cows that will calve in your herd before June 30th this year, you’d also need four 4/5 star cows/heifers over 16 months on Oct 31st this year.

Advertisement