Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New electric shower

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,152 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

We repair around 10 per week. The likes of an Aqualisa Aquastream costs around €1k to replace believe it or not. People will continue to look at repairing these even after 20 years.

For electric showers I'd suggest repairs of up to €160 parts & labour can be worthwhile for showers 5 years or under. Over 5 years & replacement shower is usually the best option

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭slystallone

I think it is tank fed - but is there a way for me to confirm this? I am guessing tank fed as when I turn on the shower it doesnt trigger the booster pump that does come on when i use kitchen taps.

There are only two tank fed electric showers being made nowadays. All other electric showers are mains fed. What is the make & model of the shower?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭slystallone

This is a mains fed shower. A Mira Elite SE or Triton T90SR can't replace this without altering pipework to make it a tank fed shower. If your shower is upstairs then likely the mains is comming from the attic, just before it fills the tank. This would be pretty straight forward changing to a tank fed shower. If your shower is downstairs then likely it would be a big job to make it tank fed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

I figured after a few repairs that I didn't have the all round knowledge to be working on showers

I was better off just connecting and testing

The pumped electric models not worth replacing heaters or pumps anyhow , new shower cheaper and faster

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,282 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Just reading through these comments and find myself in needing some advice if possible please.

Our Mira Elite QT has just failed, (did us well in fairness!), am I right in believing this is tank fed?

I'm finding it difficult to see options to replace it. Anyone know which brand/model I can switch it with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

Like for like is usually handiest.

Yes, Elite QT is a tank fed electric shower.

The new version is called Elite SE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

The Triton i think is the best shower

Sleeper 12 if he's around would know if it's a straight swop

The Triton t90sr is a better build than the Mira Elite SE. Problem is it's a different shape to the Mira. Not a big deal most of the time but if there are large holes or missing tiles behind the shower then the Triton may or may not cover them. I would usually bring both showers with me in a situation like that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,282 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

that's great, thanks for all the advice

Advertisement