Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplementary Welfare Allowance

• 23-05-2023 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I had a bereavement recently and deffered a semester of college until September. My stipend was paused because of this so I went to apply for Jobseeker's but they suggested to go for illness benefit instead. I was awarded that at €97 a week which really isn't enough to live on. I was struggling on my stipend what was more than double that.

They then suggested I go for Supplementary Welfare Allowance. Just a bit confused about the criteria for applying, do I have to have been refused a payment type before being eligible or will they just add money on top of my illness benefit? Or do I need to close my illness benefit claim first?

Also the application asks for PPS and financial details of people I live with. Do I just state that I live alone rather than asking a bunch of housemates that I barely know for their financial information?

Thanks.

Advertisement