Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 318D or 320D (recent model, G20) ?

• 23-05-2023 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Hi All

From my understanding the 318D has not just lower power than the 320D, but also some different trim and a higher driving position? Obviously with the 318D, you also get that marginally better economy.

I am talking about the newer models, the G20. (2019 onwards).

I am looking to buy a 2019 but wonder if I should spend the extra for the 320 model. Anyone have experience on these?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Casati

You can mix and match all trim across most engine options - i.e. you can get a 318d Sport, M-Sport and can get the same packs as you can with a 320d. So driving position is exactly the same for the different engines (unless you get the 340d which has adaptive as standard and is a small bit lower.

I heard the 318d is the same engine as a the 320d but just software limited- not entirely sure on that point- both of them can remapped to 240bhp

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭kifi

ok thanks so in that case, no real difference other than engine power.

Advertisement