Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media - IPv4 / IPv6 Question

Options
  • 24-05-2023 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just signed up to Virgin Media and from searching here it seems they use a technology that uses DSLite / IPv6.

For a couple of reasons, I need an IPv4 address. From searching it seems I need to request this with their helpdesk.

Can I still use the router they've sent me with an IPv4 setup or will this force my router into bridge mode?

What is the best way to request this, I'm guessing over the phone? - Does the process take long... can I expect an outage for a couple of days etc?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Yes you will need to phone them as they don't have any other ways of contacting support nowadays. The process shouldn't take long, they should push out a new config to your router and then advise you to reboot the router to activate IPv4

You can still use the same router that they provide in IPv4 router mode rather than bridge mode

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭username?!

Advertisement