Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice: Leaving Cert subject choice

• 24-05-2023 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello everyone

I finished my TY a few days ago, and now I am thinking about subject choice and how to prepare for actual learning during summer.

So, for me, I will be doing English, Math, French, Classical Studies, History, Art, Physics, Economics, or Applied Math. All HL. I am exempt from Irish so no worry about that.

I am very, very passionate about humanities, although I am not *that* good at essay writing (that will be improved). I want to do Classical Studies and History just because of my passion...plus I know the basics of ancient Greek. Also, I enjoy drawing and art history so I want to pick art up. I don't have very solid drawing skills though. I chose to do French for TY, but I also love German so much. Thinking about picking it up outside of school, but look, I will certainly be running out of energy and time for all of this! Religion sounds really interesting too..

English is NOT my first language. Although it is not very hard for me to read Shakespeare, it can still drag me down. I am good at math, but alas it is not my passion. Planning to read a lot, practice for paper 1 and study lots of French in the summer (could be 4h per day 5 days per week, I love learning languages).

And most important thing: I need 6 H2 at the end of the day.

Not sure if I should post it here… I welcome any kind of advice!! XD

Advertisement