Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon TS3450 Refilling cartridges

• 24-05-2023 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried refilling or had problems with third party ink cartridges?

My cartridge ran out today and the printer refused to print.

I notice although Amazon do third party cartridges as well as liquid ink kits, the cartridges are way more expensive than the HP replacements I used to buy/ refill.

Now I tend to be a shade cynical, but would I be right in assuming the inflated price is due to the lack of an override or ability to reset ink levels on a cartridge for the TS3350?

SK

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

ink , for a reason, is called "liquid gold". This is why manufacturers would sell you printer for near-nothing. Chip there is for purpose to prevent you use third party as well as to use ALL that remain in the cartridge

And most , if not all, printers will refuse to print B&W if you ran out of cyan, magenta or yellow. Apparently , even for B&W they use color - idiots.

Rip-off mid day, not less.

Should you consider laser printer, you will pay the price, but it might be worth while, as your ink/heads wont dry out, etc.(cleaning heads consume significant amount and still might not resolve quality issue😕)

Refill might not work - chip could have "counter/date" stamps for designated pages/duration for a cartridge.

There was time(long ago) i was doing refill and reset - dirty job, still issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Slightly Kwackers

Thanks.

I know the risks and did come unstuck with my last HP.

Not all the ink injected is used if the instructions are followed to the letter. I now know that filling the cartridge to the capacity claimed gives a nice messy pool of ink that seems to end up on and ruin the thin marked tracking film the head uses for location during travel.

I am certainly willing to risk it though, but buying the ink and being left with full cartridges and a printer that sits there blinking goes against the grain.

It seems odd that the manufacturers are not forced to open up the market for the items though a bit like car spares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

they do as they will , because they can.

For cars - as long they will be able to install chip on part you will face same/similar issue, fingers crossed not on all , not any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Slightly Kwackers

Thanks!

Yes I'm reminded of two cars that I got rid of through the ECU.

There were other issues, they were old, but the ECU was the showstopper.

The last one was a wheel speed differential light, it passed MOT's in England I had no problem with safety it was checked by a Ford main dealer. It failed in Northern Ireland though, so that was the point at which I bought a car here. Running it for more than two years here would be stretching things a bit anyway :-)

Advertisement