Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on wetland agriculture/ Paludiculture?

Options
  • 24-05-2023 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there,

My name is Freya Connolly, a masters student at University of Galway, working alongside Care-Peat, an EU Interreg project focusing on the future potential of peatlands. I am posting this in order to get the word out on our ongoing survey aimed at Irish farmers and their knowledge on wetland agriculture, or ‘Paludiculture’.

If you are a farmer or landowner in Ireland with peat soils on your land, please scan the QR code on the image below, the survey should only take about 10 minutes of your time. If you know anyone who might be interested in what we are working on feel free to forward on the survey also. Unfortunately I can't post links to the survey just yet, hopefully you can use the QR code ok!

All of this research is going towards creating policy that works with the farmers and landowners so I hope you will be able to help in any way you can to get the word out.

Beyond the survey I am also just really interested in hearing different perspectives on the topic of wet agriculture on Irish peatlands so if you have any thoughts I'd love to hear it!

Thanks guys

Advertisement