Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sisu

• 24-05-2023 5:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,356 ✭✭✭✭

This looks very fun out May 26th.

Same guy who directed rare exports.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

This out on any of the streaming platforms on the 26th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,168 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Watched it a week ago. Not bad, good laugh and fine as long as you take it for what it is a grindhouse styled movie. Its just the post war T55 (?) Tank that gets me, surely they could have found something more period.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Thanks to someone on here I'd seen the red-band trailer a couple of weeks and thought "yep, I'm watching that". I saw Renfield at the cinema a couple of days later which had a 15-rated version of the trailer and oof, it just felt so neutered.

It's showing at a cinema near me next week so I look forward to catching it. I really enjoyed Rare Exports so anticipate having a lot of fun with this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Saw it a few months back. As said at the time: It’s totally preposterous, and for the first half bloody good fun with a set of ludicrously gory setpieces. It lost some momentum for me in its second half though, especially with a very CG heavy finale. Couldn’t escape the sense that it was also very clearly (cynically?) designed for international commercial appeal. But there’s enough fun stuff in it to have a damn good time as well.

It’s pure ‘three star’ fodder overall. I definitely think it’s a film that has been made more as an obvious (rare?) export ‘product’, but as said there’s still good old-fashioned cartoonish ultra violence to enjoy despite the somewhat cynical nature of the project.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,814 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

when I watched the trailer the first, I quickly checked was it filmed in Wicklow lol

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
Advertisement