Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mullan Mor, subsidence/sinking issues?

Options
  • 24-05-2023 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi there,

I am wondering if anyone could help me. I am looking at purchasing a 2 bed apartment in Mullan Mor. Although it seems a lovely area, close to city centre etc I have been reading about sinking and some subsidence issues in this area as it was built on a landfill. but that was back in 2005 so I'm wondering if you know anymore about this?

If it's an apartment and things did go wrong in 5 years time, would it be the property management that would repair this or me?

Any help is greatly appreciated 🙏

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If you buy an apartment there, you become a part of the property management company.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

Have you seen this discussion; https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2057054718/mullan-mor

As said above, you become part of the management company in the form of a shareholder, all owners become shareholders so if there are 20 apartments then 20 shareholders. In an apartment block, you own the interior of the apartment and the management company owns the common parts i.e. walls, roof, foundation, structural floors, services etc. If the common parts like the foundation/walls/roof have major defects that need expensive repair then the cost is divided among the owners.

If you are risk averse then find somewhere else which is build on normal conventional ground, if you like taking risks then buy and take your chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SammyL

Thanks so much for your reply! I understand that now and will look at that discussion!

Advertisement