Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greece island cruise

Options
  • 25-05-2023 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Looking to go on a cruise next year June/July to Greece family of 4 all adults. We’ve never been on a cruise before and don’t know what to expect or which company/cruise line to pick! Will be going round the Greek islands.

Looking to go for 7 nights and be all inclusive. Anyone have a rough price and know anywhere (travel agent) with good deals that deal with cruises. If you’ve been on a cruise before what price did you pay for all inclusive and what did you get? What are your cruise experiences?

thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,675 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Use this website to do your research.

Search Eastern Meditteranean.

162 matching cruises.

But check the websites of the cruises, you might get better deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

I've been on a few cruises including an Eastern Mediterranean cruise embarking in Venice on to Bari, was supposed to go to somewhere across from Bari on the Greek mainland but cannot remember the name of it but got delayed in Bari port due to crosswinds so skipped that place and went straight on to Santorini, Athens, Corfu, Kotor and disembarked in Venice. This was about 5 years ago over the Easter holidays.

That cruise was on the MSC Orchestra, been on two other MSC cruises the MSC Splendida and MSC Divina in the Western Mediterranean. Our most recent cruise in April this year was the Sapphire Princess from Los Angeles to Vancouver. I really enjoyed cruising with both companies but the Sapphire Princess was our favourite so far.

I booked the first cruise with Abbey Travel, then booked the next two directly with MSC and our last cruise was with Jackie's Cruise Page Cobh.

One thing I'd recommend is booking your own excursions and not through the cruise company as they're a lot more expensive. I got loads of great tips for shore excursions on here before my previous cruises so remember to ask on here if you book a cruise.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Mike3549

We booked our cruises with msc through american discount cruises. Sadly due to covid we had to cancel our greek island cruise from venice. I think we booked msc magnifica at the time, but it might be in a dry dock for extension atm, msc orchestra is doing the itinerary now. Now the big ships are not allowed in venice. We're not heavy drinkers, so didn't take the drinks package. I drink beer mostly, but my missus likes cocktails over €12. We had to take the more expensive package which was €29 pppd, when cheaper package for beer/cheaper drinks was only 19. They dont mix and match. You have to choose €19 or €29 for all. So we said f#ck it, we'll just pay as we go. Theres no way we gonna spend €600+ on drinks for 2 adults and 2 kids. The likes of royal Caribbean charge even more. There was a good website tomsportguides.com but looks like its gone now. There might be still some of his *.pdf files floating around internet.

I usually check cruises first on vacationstogo.com website. You just register your email and thats it. You can pick dates, cruise lines, departing ports etc. You get the list of cruises. And then i pick a few itineraries and check the prices on americandiscountcruises.com or cruises.com

With american agents you just pay refundable deposit, and the balance 100 days before departure.

There is a cruise megathread in here, loads of good information.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭SupaCat95

@Mike3549 Oh yeah Vactionstogo.com have very heavy discounts.

Veteran cruiser with the Mrs Cat. We were actually married on a cruise ship in Barbados.

Do ALL your education before you go, learn from others mistakes. Pay all your tips in advance, buy your drinks package in advance. Buy "a" drinks package either a soda package or a water & tea & coffee package. Else you will either buy every drink outside of the canteen through the nose or you will have to return to the canteen everytime you want a drink of water or tea. We had friends who came with us, ignore us and then we had to get them bottled water and other refreshments on our package, we had deluxe unlimited drinks.

Sheri over at CruiseTipsTV on Youtube is amazing. Emma at Emmacruises is great too. They go through every aspect of the cruise including from Booking to Packing, technology to bring and not to bring. Harr Travel do great guides to the ships on youtube.

I favour either Royal Caribbean or Norwegian. Choose your first cruise line very very carefully because they get their marketing hooks into you and they make it impossible to leave with incentives. I am almost willing to have "Crown and Anchor Club" tattooed across my forehead.

Its not a case of how much you paid but what sort of package you got, when you got it and where you went to and on what cruise line. For our wedding we had a suite with outside Balcony. San Juan, Puerto Rico to Puerto Rico around trip (Antigua, Barbados, Kitts and Nevis, etc).

We are hooked on cruising we either go before university starts or early new year. Dying for our circumstances to change so we can get to do a relocation cruise.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

While I’d love to do a cruise and I’d also love to see more of the Greek islands, I don’t think I’d combine the two. Some friends of mine went on holidays to the islands this summer and one or two travel insta people I follow and the general gist was they had to go out early in the morning or later in the evening as when the cruise ship docks, 1000s of people disembark and the place gets absolutely wedged. Now if you were availing of the bus excursions it probably would be ok but the crowds wouldn’t suit everyone. It will depend on the sights and sites you want to see I guess. Just a thought.

• Advertisement
Advertisement