Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corn Plant with brown spots

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,432 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It looks fine, though is it under a south facing roof light? The big blotch at the top could be sun scorch from the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mornigstar

corn plant

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭greasepalm

How wet is the compost , and i see a few U shaped notches in the leaves which might be Vine weevil and not good.

Bad roots will have issues on leaves also

How do I treat brown spots on Dracaena?

To treat Leaf Spot Disease, try this homemade remedy of putting a tablespoon or two of baking soda and a teaspoon or two of mineral oil in a spray bottle of water. Shake the solution well and then spray all areas of the plant that are infected with brown spots.

https://gardenforindoor.com/brown-spots-on-dracaena/

It looks fine, though is it under a south facing roof light? The big blotch at the top could be sun scorch from the window.

To treat Leaf Spot Disease, try this homemade remedy of putting a tablespoon or two of baking soda and a teaspoon or two of mineral oil in a spray bottle of water

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Thanks for those suggestions everyone. I'll try moving it away from direct sunlight and spray the leaves.

How would I check the roots - would I look at the bottom to see if it's outgrowing the pot?

One would need to remove plants from the pot to see what the roots are like as sodden wet compost can rot roots.

Sometimes i like to add grit into the mix to help it drain quicker and hold less water.

Have fresh compost mix to hand so it will have a fresh bed to grow stronger

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Would multipurpose compost be ok? I can mix some grit into it.

Yes should work as they like a quick draining mix like perlite and vermiculite into it as it wants aeration.

Advertisement