Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hijack [Apple]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yes they should have based it on a plane from Australia or New Zealand to the UK that way they might have at least got 3 maybe even 4 seasons out of it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,692 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Bit of an anti-climatic final episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Very anti climatic indeed.

A fun show over all that’s best left there now.

Ah I enjoyed it for what it was!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Next - Hijack-The Aftermath Part One. 😛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭moby2101

As others have pointed out, disappointing ending to a decent show.

Elba has star quality, amazed that he hasn’t landed a Jack Ryan stylised show on one of the big streaming platforms.

Great to see Archie Panjabi on TV again , she rocked it a long time ago now as Kalinda on The Good Wife .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭squonk

Definitely the weakest episode of the lot but I suppose it had to come down sometime (pun intended). 😀. Lots of plot holes, like they really should have shot it down. It was only the most sensible thing to do. Plane had obviously just enough fuel to get it on the ground. Good thing the plane got hijacker’s and could land when it liked instead of getting caught in a holding pattern for Heathrow. They’d really have been in trouble then.😀. It remained on course largely the entire flight. There should have been an extra hour at least of reserve. It would have been crap without Idris really. Great summer show though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Awful silly ending tbh. The notion that the woman at the controls at the end would get any favourable treatment, never mind escape punishment, is beyond credible. The crash landing sequence looked cheap and not believable, I’ve seen better effects on Air Crash investigations.

It did feel like they were setting up Elba’s character for a potential sequel of sorts, and not doing a very good job of it either imo, as the whole airplane evac sequence was silly. An every-man hero ala John McClane.

The Beasley character again was really weak. That side of the story very much reminded me of the “Taken” movies where Neeson’s wife had shacked up with a very limp individual while her ex is off saving the world.

I wonder would they have been better to end it ambiguously… E.g. passengers storming the cockpit and then fade to black. Would have been more believable anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

4: Ah I like how clever they have Idris Elba. Could kinda read that note handed to the politician by pausing.

Sam working around the folks on the plane in the smallest ways. Guessing that the gang on the ground might have his son though.

Looks like the airplane is the only thing at risk from what I could make out. That they'd either crash it or blow it up or something. No other specific target mentioned just that they want two people released from prison.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I was ok with the ending. It kept the human aspect pulsing along. This was both the show's strength and weakness. Weakness because in better hands it would have hit us more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,335 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That was a pretty poor last episode I thought, but hey at least it was an ending it tied everyone's ending pretty much.

The Max Beasley character (who was a total clown throughout!) At least managed to redeem himself in the last episode.

Archie Panjabi underused.

I am guessing there won't be a second season, and it would seem stupid...but then again it seemed to be a hit...so who knows.

They could I am guess focus on one of the two guys they released.

Post edited by gmisk on

I wouldn't rule it out...as you say seemed to be a big hit for Apple+

Archie Panjabi has another series called Departure, season one focussed on a plane crash...season two a train...and errr season three a boat....lol

Ms

That was good I enjoyed that ending but ye some plot holes like if the

plane is out of fuel how come when it crashes the engines are still spinning lol and explosions even do there is no fuel lol. There would be no explosions but otherwise it was good and I am glad the two fake cleaners got caught too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I think it was more of a Neil meskall led movie , absolute legend

• Advertisement
    Ms

Just started watching that. It's so bad. Windsor aeronatics lol. As if the Chinese or the Saudis for that matter would buy airlines from on unknown company made in the UK when there is proven and reliable makes like Airbus and Boeing who have being doing it for decades and the Chinese even have there own airline manufacturer. Sure wasn't there talk a while back of Ryanair buying planes from them.

Anyway ye the show is so bad it's funny. Does it get any better? I knew straight away the Captain was not to be trusted.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,032 ✭✭✭bren2001

Nothing in the finale really made sense to me at all. I would have preferred if they just flew the plane into the Shard or something and season 2 was dealing with the aftermath.

Fun season. I enjoyed it. I'll leave it there tho.

It is watchable ha. I preferred season 2 over season 1, season 3 only watched the first one but has potential.

• Administrators Posts: 54,125 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Just finished this tonight.

Entertainment wise it's decent, but it's really a leave-your-brain-at-the-door type thriller as there are a lot of plot conveniences that are totally unrealistic. The hijackers drift from being criminal masterminds to genuine dopes from scene to scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,702 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Looks like the opinion on the finale was unanimous. Came to say that we finished this last week and thouroughly enjoyed the first 6 episodes. Really good, well acted, tense show.... that all became a bit silly at the final hurdle. So many wtf moments in the finale it felt like the makers just sort of stopped trying and had characters do things or make decisions to get to the end. Still satisfying enough end to an otherwise very well put together show. I have to admit though, I think they overplayed Sam's career as a "negotiator" as some sort of vital skill that makes him the only person to save the day. It does leave me wondering though if "negotiator" is some sort of cover or if he's a different kind of negotiator. There were a couple of flashes of being able to handle himself with a gun in his face. Could be a line they go down if it gets a second season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭stanley1

Started well but went downhill fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Have had the last episode hanging around for a few weeks, and haven't felt the need to finish it. Shame!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Gave up on this quickly, Elba is at the level of an Eastenders/Corrie actor. Stick to the Sky ads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,678 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,692 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭squonk

lol! They really should have just left it as a one season wonder. I hope they release season 2 as a summer show. I don’t mind fact like this in the sinner months but I’d be much more critical during the winter months

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

Must be the return flight.

Advertisement