Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e-fibre upgrade

Options
  • 26-05-2023 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hi,

My date for e-fibre upgrade with Eir is this coming June 6th. I have a pole across the road and its just a case of replacing the existing line with a new fibre cable run.

My current Router is the eir F3000 fibre box.

The installation will provide an optical network terminal (ONT) box, that will terminate the fiber optic cable and converts the fiber’s signal to electrical signals. This box is connect to a router enabling the in-home network to deliver internet.

Just wondering if my existing router above will be changed?

Anyone with experience of a recent installation &upgrade able to offer their advice please!

Thanks

N

😉

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭RobiePAX

F3000 is the latest Eir router. So unless your one is very old, you don't really need a new one.

Engineer will come and install everything if it's possible. Remember that first visit after you place the order is considered a "survey visit". It's not guaranteed you'll be connected on that day if more work is needed e.g. blocked duct, tree in a way, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭jonnreeks

Thanks for the info RobiePAX, I do not have any obvious reasons not to install. My line is coming directly from a pole directly across the street.

I will have to wait and see, will let the thread know of any progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭jonnreeks

Hi all,

Had my Circet Engineer visit and install yesterday. After a quick survey, he was about an hour outside before working another 15 minutes inside. All up and running now and the speeds are unreal while the WiFi around the house has improved to ridiculous levels. I am impressed. Hopefully everyone else will be satisfied when your turn comes.

Advertisement