Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App and website lock out

Options
  • 26-05-2023 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

I have a credit card with BOI. I have used the website and app for years. It is not a new Credit card.

This morning, I tried to view my transactions on it and I cannot even log in.

The app said firstly that there was something wrong and I would have to re-register my device.

I closed the app and went back in to it and the 2nd time, it looked different and asked me tp register my device.

Why? as nothing had changed on me end.

So I ring countless BOI "help" numbers and get through to a 3rd party company only, that can only offer a resolution in 5 business days where they give me a new pin as if I was a brand new customer. Unacceptable.

This is the 2nd time the app has forced me out in recent years with so called security upgrades.

The agent could not link my savings account to my credit card account to reactivate my login as they did the previous time.

I think I'll just close the accounts I've had since 1997 if I am locked out for a week.

The reason I was logging in to view my account was that I have a charge on my account I didn't make and even the fraud team wouldn't talk to me as they don't do credit cards?

Comments

Advertisement