Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cat repellant device?

Options
  • 26-05-2023 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

there is this cat from a neighbour. they have multiple, but this one particular one keeps coming into our backyard and **** in out little gardening strip.

when we catch that little sucker we can scare it away, but we obviously cant always.

recently lidl had a ultrasonic (or whatever) animal repeller, which would make very high pitched sounds when turned on or when it detects movement. sounds that my wife and i could hear, but there was a dial to set it up for different animals.

are such devices actually effective? we tried some methods you can find online, like thyme and lavender, but they are no good at all.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

A good old garden hose. Spray him everytime he enters your garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭phormium

One of those motion activated sprayer thingies, bought one on Amazon years ago for the job but saw them last year in Mr Price so might be possible get it locally. Once you have a garden hose you rig it up to it, stick in batteries and once they pass the line of the sensor they get a good sprinkling of water. I bought it to stop my own cat jumping up on my new car! Bonnet of old one was scratched to hell from her, it worked anyway but unfortunately I didn't bring it in when the weather was freezing and frost burst it but she was re-trained anyway at that stage!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ah, isnt that the reason people had bottles of water on their grass when I was a kid and I dont recall and cats or dogs crapping in their gardens after they put them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Cue the kids coming in soaking wet every evening. My youngest would have a field day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,428 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Don't switch it on till the kids are in, or if you are going to be out for the day. Cats are not likely to come in if the kids are playing in the garden. It would work better than a hose - by the time you are outside and have the tap turned on the cat will be several streets away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement