Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jason Roy walks away from International Cricket

Options
  • 26-05-2023 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,472 ✭✭✭✭

To chase the dollars in the USA

decent ODI guy

absolutely fell flat on his face as a test player.

no way I’d be picking him after being a stooge for the $$$$$$$ ahead of his country.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Lionel Fusco

Can't blame him he's on the way down at the highest level anyway might as well cash in and if the yanks are stupid enough to give him 150k then he should grab it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,472 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Don’t mind him going to play there… freedoms allow.. maybe he sees his family and long term future there.

but the nature of his statement… “England is my priority”…. His actions don’t complement that sentiment.

playing in conditions under which English cricket won’t be played

playing with and against players who have fractions of the ability and experience of those of the ranked and established nations. USA from memory are an associate member of the ICC and have done feck all.

also if you look at his club history he’s essentially a financial mercenary… a Surrey guy who at just 32 has played for 15, 15 🤪 other cricketing franchises in world cricket… he’s never re-signed for any of those 15…it was … “ ok, forget that, thanks though, next highest bidder “… Bangalore bashers ? Fine show me the money ! I’m surprised Surrey put up with it. A lot of these franchises, he leaves one and goes to their cross city or cross state rivals, he’s just someone ALL about £££££££££ Sydney Thunder to Sydney Sixers being one example…. Doesn’t give a shît…..

basically people can say he’s making the best of his career and maximising his earnings…. Which he is.

but there is a distinct element of financial mercenaryisim about his entire career…from the get go. Not a great look for an international cricketer… he won’t go down as one of the greats or close… but I doubt that’s a concern…. Just hope when he retires the TV stations have the common sense to steer well clear… id hate to be paying to listen to someone mutated and motivated for pretty much all their career by ££££££££££ more then success and the joy of the game..

the only one of two batsmen I can recall at international level, given out for deliberately obstructing the field. Maybe that was an indication 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Daniel Thomas

It's really sad to see such big names preferring money over country. Quinton De Kock is another such example.

Advertisement