Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 38 Matchday thread - The Good, The Bad, The Meh.

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

My 14pt lead was down to 3pts at one stage! Ended up winning my main money league thankfully. I'll finish around 71k in the end. I was 500k in GW21, and up to 50k in GW33 so overall I'll take it. Breaking the top 50k is gonna be harder and harder each coming year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

What happens when you finish exactly top and level with someone? Does number of transfers all season count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Delighted that season is over tbh. Finished at 315k OR ... a bit of a surge the last few gameweeks but came too late.

Have a nice summer everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

65 (-4) this week. Finishes me on 37k which I'm delighted with. 12 consecutive seasons inside the top 116k (7 of those 12 inside the top 50k). An entirely arbitrary figure, but one I'm still very pleased with and looking forward to trying to achieve it again next year after a much needed break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

From 3.2m in GW19, to 850k in GW38. Only 3 red arrows in those 19 GW's. My downfall towards the ends of the season was bringing in KdB for his DGW in GW34 which he didn't play, and keeping him until this GW, between GW34 to GW37 - 6 games, he returned 4 points - Whereas Bruno returned 32 points, plus 10 in GW38 which most likely would have got. I never really thought of bringing in Kane for Haaland, as figure he could easily come on a score a goal or two.

Spent less time on FF this year, and will probably try spend less next year, will be interesting to see how players are priced next year - Haaland will be in everyone's teams from Day 1 - will Kane, and if so that's probably 25% of the budget gone. Salah is still Salah - will people have a third of their budget on those 3 players?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,236 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Finished 42k overall, delighted with that. Easily my best ever season and I've never watched less football in a season either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,009 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Ended up finishing at 108k, so just outside of the top 100k target, and much lower than last season. I thought I was doing badly in the second half of the season but the second chance league was 86k which suggests I did better in the second half of the season.

Won a couple MLs so a good season all in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

242k overall, disappointing season.

GW9 epitomised my bad planning and letting my heart rule my head - swapping KDB out for Salah (-4) and sticking the armband on Mo - then Haaland and KDB destroyed United 6-3. 26 point swing, my own fault and one to learn from.

Was at 3m OR after that so always difficult to come back from. My 2nd half of the season was decent. Second chance 130k OR.

Felt there were a lot of 50/50's this year that had mad swings, Wilson v Isak in GW36, Salah v Kane in GW38 just recently. Both of course I was on the wrong side of. That's the game.

Looking forward to the break and no doubt ready to be addicted again come August. How early is too early to start looking at drafts? 😅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

ML win and a top 10k finish so delighted with that. Tinge of regret at not captaining Kane yesterday and making top 5k but I won't be greedy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

So after game week 38 I have 2,561 overall points for a final Overall Rank: 43,040

My season high overall rank was: 362 (game week 13)

My season low overall rank was: 5,184,209 (game week 1)

I feel a bit like Arsenal, in that if I'd be offered that before the start of the season I'd have been delighted but it could have been more!

In league battles:

• I won my work division (total points) by 12 points. captain choice of Kane on the last day won it for me.
    • In a friends league (head to head), runner up. We'd the league configured for semis/final for last two rounds and I lost 69-60 in game week 38 final
    • 1v1: I lost head to head by one game with a 17-3-18 record.

So overall, a fun season. In previous years I'd normally have nothing to play for and lose interest early in the season. Being so high up esp weeks 10-32 when I was mainly inside top 10k meant I maintained a strong interest for the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I ended up on 48 (-4). Red arrows to finish up the season is disappointing, but a 47k finish gives me my joint 2nd-best finish (well technically I was 89 places behind my previous 47k finish, but I'm considering that close enough to be a tie!)

I enjoyed the season overall. I chose to do way less research and analysis than previous seasons and found that to be a big help to me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

It would be nice if there was a year in review thread.

Overall, I’m happy.

I really wanted to beat one person in particular after a lot of gloating from them last Summer, so delighted that I beat them by 73 points.

My next target was to come in the top million. I finished 943,749, so happy with that.

my mates have a league that I have never really featured in, as they’re usually pretty good. This year, by GW37, I was first in that league by 20 points, 3rd was 30 points behind. After a monster week from the chap in 3rd, (who had led for most of the season, tbf), he ended up winning the league on 2385, Second ended up 2371 and I ended up 3rd on 2362. You couldn’t beat the excitement yesterday!

Happy enough with how it went this year. I enjoyed it when I took it a bit more seriously from week 30 or so.

My biggest downsides were not being more ruthless in throwing players out. I held on to Stones and Dalot for far too long, and should have got them out, even at the expense of -4’s.

Next year, I’ll aim to crack 750k and beat 3rd place in my mates league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Just spotted that my rank after GW38 is my highest rank I’ve been at all season. That’s always nice.

Advertisement