Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay and salary

Options
  • 28-05-2023 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all,

I’m currently working as a contract worker thought an umbrella company. I went originally as a data analysis and now moved to a new team currently a functional analysis.

Now I’m the first person in my family to go into 3rd level and have a corporate job, there isn’t really anyone I’m able to speak to about it in my family. My question is on pay, I don’t feel as thought I’m been paid well enough, I’m in around 30000/ 32000 but with the contract working I don’t get holidays and sick so when I take a day off I’m down big time.

my contact is coming up for renewal in a few weeks and I know there keeping me on. I love to be able to speak with someone who could help me either negotiate and advise me on where I should be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

That seems like a ridiculously low salary for contracting in anything. Data analysts are in high demand at the moment so start looking elsewhere and if you decide to contract again you basically need to charge double the rate that salaried employees get for the same role to make it worth your while.

There's an old adage out there for freelancing that pretty much applies to contracting too and it goes:

1. Know your worth.

2. Double it.

3. Add a third for them to knock down without you losing anything.

Best of luck.

Advertisement