Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat 23/24

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Looks like GW2 Luton v Burnley is off due to stadium unavailability, which may change some plans.

It does an least provide quite an interesting DGW later in the season depending on each clubs other fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Kane is now, for the first time, favourite to be at Munich rather than Spurs when the window closes.

Would make things a lot easier (not a good thing) and could put Richarlison in most drafts if he gets played up front which is a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Richarlison won’t be getting near my team til he starts scoring regularly. Last year was a catastrophe for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I still reckon it's all paper talk about Kane, wait 6 months and he can negotiate terms abroad, wait 11 months and he can join any team in the world for free and ask for an even bigger salary, let say Spurs let him go for £80m, over 4 years, he could tell a buyer that he's saved them that and get 400/500k a week.

Mahrez off to Saudi - will there be any rotation risk left with City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

• Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Ederson will be playing as an inverted right wing back in certain matches

• Registered Users Posts: 33 FPL23

Anyone know a way to play Fanteam from Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Used to be able to play through Bethard but they ended their involvement out of the blue in the middle of the last season, saying they weren't hosting fantasy sports anymore. Don't know if there's an alternative now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Haven’t really had a proper look just yet. Are there many mispriced or wrongly positioned players?

Every year my best business is getting that attacking defender that scores/assists for fun.

• Advertisement

Current iteration:

Raya

Estupinan...Mings...Trent

Mitoma...Saka...Jota...Eze...Rashford

Watkins...Haaland

Subs: Dubravka, Dier, Muskwe, Lamptey.

Raul Jimenez seemingly wanted as a replacement for Mitrovic.

Could be a good option at 5.5m.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

They're usually the ones that transfer in the period between the game being released and GW1. Another few weeks to find it

Fair changes in the Harry Kane next club market.

Looks more likely to leave now than ever before.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

Will Elanga be starting for Forest?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

Jota is seriously overpriced in this year's edition, I Think. Same price as Martinelli, dearer than Foden, Grealish, Mahrez, Luis Diaz, Gross, March, Mitoma......I don't think he'll outscore those guys over the season. Though, truth be told, I'd prefer to get an extra half million from somewhere and go with Odegaard or Saka (who you have already).

Rashford and Jota are the same price as any two from Bruno, Odegaard and Saka. I don't think the first pairing is better than any of the other three combos, really.

No idea why anyone would go with Watkins ahead of Jesus, given the fixtures for the first 4 or 5 weeks, which is when a good few plans will be torn up anyway and the new template starts to appear. You have only 1 Arsenal, 1 City, 1 Utd, 2 Liverpool and no Newcastle players. I'd downgrade Trent and upgrade elsewhere. Hell, even going TAA to Trippier would allow you to upgrade Jota and Mitoma to Odegaard and Foden.

My own current setup, with the proviso that I'll be trying to maximise the number of starters in my first 11 until GW 3 or 4 and then wildcard time:

...................Alisson...................

Estupinan...Stones...Trippier...(4.0)...(4.0)

Saka...Rashford...Odegaard...Mitoma...Mbeumo

Haaland......Jesus.....(4.5)

One could say your in love with Arsenal. The stats show that Saka went missing for the last third of last season, only showing up against teams fighting relegation. And he was on penalties...

Watkins ended up 50 points more than Jesus, so that's a decent reason why you have him over Jesus - Martinelli is a better option imo.

Is there anyone as prolific as Ben Dinnery on Twitter with the injury info ?

I hate following him because of his gambling promotions and need to find a new source but ideally on Twitter.

Think FHFC was a once active boards member.

Here is a link for his fund raising league with good structure and payouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,603 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I had a dream last night that I was in a pub on the first day of the PL season as I saw the first goal go in, I remembered that I had that player in FPL.....but the rest of my team was still auto-pick players.

Time to fire up some drafts I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Has Klopparama gone missing?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

He's still around, more posts than most people in the last week or 2.

Jesus out for a few weeks after having a knee procedure.

Spurs in negotiations to buy Alejo Veliz from Rosario.

Only 19 (turns 20 next month), 6ft 1in and has scored 19 goals in 59 appearances for Rosario.

Has scored 3 goals in 8 games for Argentina U20’s too.

Could be an effort to replace Kane, long term, which might signal Kane’s departure is imminent.

So we might end up with Richarlison challenging Haaland as highest owned player, at some stage this season, while Veliz settles in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I see a lot of Ramsdale+Stones combo in teams. The plus side to that I guess is you can easily swap Ramsdale for Onana is the latter is performing better. But with Raya joining Arsenal, there'll be question marks over Ramsdale. How nailed on is Stones too? I'm leaning towards Ederson+Gabriel, but 5.5m seems a lot for a keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,239 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'd steer away from Ederson completely.

Ranked 16th for saves last season of current GK's (Ramsdale for example had over twice as more), rarely gets bonus (ranked 17th) and although City had 11 clean sheets last season, his ceiling is pretty much always capped at 6 points. He's the most nailed of all City defenders so at least that's something.

At least with someone like Stones (who I'm not convinced by), there is more of a goal/assist threat, bonus and the chance he could be subbed off before they concede. Never happens with Ederson.

Personally would rather the extra 0.5/1 to be spent elsewhere and steer away from Ederson.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,603 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Personally, I hate using a FT on a GK and try to avoid having to change keepers outside of WCs.

I never see the appeal in Ederson myself. His ceiling is low, and not frequent enough for his price point.

I am interested in Onana though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Ederson is a complete waste of money in FPL.

Had him for the last 10 GWs of last season....total shyte altogether compared to several other cheaper options

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Unpopular opinion but I actually think Jota will be good value, if he stays fit he starts and he's a finisher.

Advertisement