Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What GPU to upgrade to?

Options
  • 29-05-2023 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hey lads,

I'm considering a GPU upgrade, it's time to retire my trusty RX 480 8GB, bought in 2016 and it's getting a bit long in the tooth.

I run a 5600X with 16GB of 3200MHz, and M.2 SSD. I have a 1440p 144Hz Freesync monitor which I'm happy with, so I'm not planning to go 4K anytime soon.

I switched to Manjaro Linux back when Win 7 support ended, so I'd prefer to look at AMD. (Currently have zero issues with the RX 480, hopefully it stays that way.)

Which GPU do ye reckon can comfortably drive that screen, that I won't have to replace for another ~6 years? Is a 6700XT enough, or should I aim at 16GB VRAM and the 6800XT? Or even higher?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

Advertisement