Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Sr02 rebooting (FTTH)

Options
  • 29-05-2023 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Folks,

Anyone out there experiencing they're Sky Router spontaniousley rebooting ? I don't just mean the connection dropping but actually rebooting . I've had it for three months now and for the first month they say in the blurb to expect some disconnects while they "tune" the system .I just ignored it ..The second month I got a bit sick of it and checked my Windows logs and worked out it had disconnected over 260 times over the two months so I emailed Sky support complete with logs screenshot etc . Got a call and suggested to the support person that it was just a faulty modem as I had watched it power cycling and checked the sr02 logs which always reset the clock to 1970 ...the girl still insisted that we run some checks ..i.e. lose connections etc .I told her I've been in IT for 25 years and it just needs a new box ..not listening ...no new box ..two months further on and still an average of 12 reboots a day :-( Previousley had Eir for two years and probably lost connection one or two times over that period .Only difference being the supplied Router . Any ideas ??? I was looking at just buying a replacment TPlink but a decent one would cost most of my weekly pension :-(

Advertisement