Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

samsung galaxy Z Flip 4 - Not fit for purpose

Options
  • 29-05-2023 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

I bought a samsung galaxy Z Flip 4 phone for my wife last September. Like many (most?) others who got this model phone, the hinge broke within a couple of months, damaging the screen. Samsung fixed it under warranty, admitting/ recognising the manufacture fault.

A week ago the same happened (or similar). My wife didn't have any issues or falls with it, but she picked it up, opened it and there was a yellow 'streak' down at least one of the two screens. She didn't tell me until the next day. By then all of both screens were 'corrupted' - squiggly yellow/ white lines blocking the view. It was possible to get it showing correctly, but only with a careful partial-opening, but even then, the upper screen is/ was unable to take touch.

Brought for repair. I got a call this morning saying it will cost €450 to repair !? ...My wife is adamant nothing happened to damage the phone. Fonfix (who are only relaying Samsung's response of course) say there is hinge damage. I didn't notice any hinge damage before sending it in. I have to collect it asap. If there is hinge damage, to my mind it only shows this phone is not fit for purpose.

My wife has never broken any phone, much less TWICE! -with the same/ very similar issue. There is no way we will be paying anything to repair this phone as it is OBVIOUSLY flawed.

...I guess, my question is, what is the best route to a satisfactory outcome? ...Possibly Samsung will grant a warranty repair on a 2nd break (I've found a few '2nd breaks' on this model in a brief online search - expect to see more), but failing that, where do I go for redress?

Advertisement