Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH - LOS red light blinking , but can see light at end of FO cable

• 29-05-2023 3:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,821 ✭✭✭✭

Our FTTH has been out since Thursday (Red blinking LOL light on ONT) and I can see a few Open eir vans in the village trying to address the problem up poles and outside exchange cabinets today - some engineer said to the wife last Friday he reckons 23 people without it in the village .

curiosity is getting the better from me , i unplugged the FO cable and focused my mobile phone's camera to the end of the fiber optic lead and there is a red light blinking in the end of the fiber optic lead - so light is there , what likely could be another reason for LOS (loss of signal) light blinking on the ONT then? -

Thanks,

Comments

Advertisement