Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Report - Encoder changes create additional capacity on Saorview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭StreetLight

I'd thank your post, but the Thanks button doesn't seems to be working for me at the moment.

Yes, TG4+1 and Cúla4 will be timesharing. So, if that then leaves room for two SD channels, it's pretty safe to say there is unlikely to be any channel upgrading to HD as things stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Yes same here Thanks button only works on second post which is strange

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Antenna

Aertel not working for me currently on RTE One+1. In comparison working OK on RTE2+1, as well as the regular RTEs.

Has the recent encoder changes inadvertently lost aertel on RTE One+1?

Update, on previous post, Aertel working again on RTEOne+1, must have been reinstated sometime today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭galtee boy

The test card channel on 14 is flagged as HD on my TV. Surely Cula4/TG4+1 isn't going to be in HD is it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭StreetLight

The static test card on 14 during the day is not a TV signal as such, but computer generated. It's designed to mimic an information slate which will be broadcast during the daytime advising that TG4+1 will be on air from the evening.

Check back on 14 later in the evening and you should then see the animated test card (with the bar moving left-right) in SD.

The static test card will then have switched over to 18, which will become an information slate advising that Cula4 programming has ended for the day.

Aertel again not working for the past few days on RTE1+1

Advertisement