Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Cabinteely

• 30-05-2023 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

Just moved to The Park area and was told Virgin was the available broadband but when I called them they did a signal check and said it wouldn't work (I am not a techie so don't really understand what test they did). The previous resident left a list for me saying they used Virgin but contract had expired. What broadband do others use in the area? TIA!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I don't live in your area but if the previous owner was with them and Virgin are now saying they can't connect you, it's probably because they've reached BB capacity for the area. So you'd have to wait for them to beef up the bandwidth in their local network.

Put another way, they've committed all of the available bandwidth (xxx gibabits per second) that's in place for The Park and won't add any more subscribers until they add more capacity.

If you want to check if there's a problem with the physical link to your house, just ask them if you can have cable TV. If the answer is 'yes', the problem is the lack of broadband bandwdth.

Sky, Eir and Vodafone would be your other options. Is there a phone line coming into the house?

Advertisement