Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faac slider gate motor fuse

Options
  • 30-05-2023 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I have a FAAC 741 motor for a sliding gate. It keeps blowing glass fuse on its circuit board. It all worked fine for several years and now it keeps blowing this fuse. I replaced the fuse a few times after I had made minor adjustments but it was still the same. I checked it all over, the sensors etc. All perfect.

I installed a completely new 741 unit today as I thought the motor of the old one was the problem, powered it up and as soon as I engage the open function….the fuse blows again.

Can anyone help?? Please.

Post edited by Spear on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This has nothing to do with boards.ie. Confirm your email address so you can post properly, then I'll move this to a forum that's related to the topic instead.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

And moved accordingly. I've gone with the Home Security forum as I'd argue the gate comes under access control. Local mods may think otherwise though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭kub

All I can say on this subject and in general with gate automation is, get a professional to look at it.

Gate automation should no longer be in the DIY criteria, I say this as a professional and the reason is the Health and Safety criteria as introduced by the Health and Safety Authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rickyrs4

Same problem as you did you ever get to the bottom of it

Advertisement