Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delta Dub - Atlanta

Options
  • 30-05-2023 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭

I hope I'm in the right place for this thread, if not please remove. I normally fly AL direct to MCO but I'm thinking about a change this year so can anyone give an opinion on Delta's Airbus A350 to Atlanta. I was thinking about paying extra for the comfort plus option. Any feedback is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,750 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I've had a few nightmares going through Atlanta with Delta over the years. Lost luggage, cancellations, missed connections, the works. Would advise anyone to go direct rather than through ATL whenever possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yeah you're introducing a whole host of risks using DL via ATL. I'd probably want to be saving > 200pp to consider it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Noxegon

If there's a direct flight to your destination then I'd definitely use that. Connecting is to be avoided, particularly during peak months.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,717 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

DL use former Laton A350 so prehaps view 35L spec as its slightly different to regular A359 that DL operate.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/aircraft/airbus/a350

On a route like MCO direct can cost a fortune. DUB-ATL-MCO would be a very popular routing from Ireland so can't see any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭HTCOne

As Jamie says the ex LATAM A350s currently operate DUB-ATL and the product isn’t as good as those airframes delivered direct to Delta, particularly in the premium cabins. These ex LATAM birds are due to be upgraded to the full Delta spec but it hasn’t happened yet.

I’ve always found ATL perfectly fine to transit and DL have massively upped their game in recent years but all the same I agree it is a good idea to fly direct wherever possible as you are halving the opportunities for things to go wrong and seriously impact your trip. Enjoy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement