Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One account - 2 IBANs

Options
  • 30-05-2023 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hello BofI, I recently opened a new current account with yourselves. I received my IBAN by text and started using the account. Yesterday I noticed that the IBAN for my account on the BofI app is different to my original IBAN. The last 8 digits are the same as the original but the sort code and numbers before that are different. I called the bank today to query it and was told it was ok, and that I could use either IBAN. The agent I spoke to didn't now why this happened and that's why I'm here. Can you tell me why this happens? How and why could I be assigned with a new IBAN. Also, why would I not be informed of such a change? Is it possible that this is some sort of system error? I'm sorry to say that it really doesn't inspire confidence in a new customer. Any light you could shed on this issue would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there.

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

This happens when 2 branches have merged and therefore it may show you have 2 separate IBAN's.

You can use either IBAN and the last 8 digits of the IBAN is the account number.

If you wish to query this please send us a private message with the sort codes where we can discuss this further.

The sort code is the 6 digit number starting with 90 which appears before the account number in the IBAN.

Thanks,

Declan

Advertisement