Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Job question

• 30-05-2023 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,

So I am meant to start a new job this month. Passed the interview rounds, was given a verbal offer, eventually was sent the contract/onboarding documents last Thursday. Signed them and sent them back to HR with no issue.. or so I thought.

This morning I get an email from someone, NOT in HR, but in a different (lower?) office role saying they need references. I had provided references, they say they can not issue the contract until the referees get in touch. Key word - Issue.

But I have already signed the contract, and there is also a signature from one of the company leaders on it. I've already signed it, how can they refain from issuing it?

The only thing I can think of is some sort of non-communication between HR and this person. Even still, I'm worried. They can hardly refuse to take me on just due to this fact when I've already signed the contract, can they?

Help needed.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Presumably you will be on probation so it should not be a big issue to terminate you if necessary - if there is an issue and they don't want you there, you will not be there. Can you not just do the obvious - contact your references to make sure they followed up on the requests and call the person to see if there has been a miss-communication or if there is anything to be followed.

Advertisement