Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo EX30

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Advertised now from €39K which isn’t bad but they’re quite a small car with limited range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭fafy

Adding, the “extended range” version does 480kms, versus 344kms on the entry model, for about 5k more, Extended range also adds a heat pump and bigger 19” alloys, and it does the 0 to 100km in an impressive 5.3 seconds so, it is a little faster than the entry model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Unlikely you’re going to get all that for less than €45K which puts it competing with the likes of an ID.4, Model Y etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭carsfan2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭mailforkev

They’ve already changed the headline and edited the article.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Just back from my first long trip in the EX30.

1600km over 4 days across the UK and back. Averaged 17.7 kwh/100km for the trip. Did not baby it on the motorways with cruise set to 125km/h for most of the journey.

Decided to use Tesla Superchargers for the most part this time (usually tend to use Ionity). They can be a couple of km off the main roads but so much cheaper than Ionity. Car preconditions the battery if you navigate to a HP charger. Arriving with <20% the car takes 145kw until about 65% then slowly throttles down until 90% when it is taking 27kw.

All the talk of software issues is a little overblown from my own experience. I am on version 1.3.1 (1.4 due shortly) and have only had one minor glitch when the volume control decided not to work. It returned the next time I turned the car off.

Very comfortable cruiser. ACC and autosteer work very effectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

I rented an extended range rwd executive spec for 3 days at the end of may in France. Drove it on dual carriageways (110 limit), national roads (80-90) towns and hills, no motorway driving. I only managed to do 327km on ab 83% battery in very mild temperatures so 480km my bottom. I would say my MY RWD would have 145kWh/km consumption if not lower on the same trip.

And don't get me started on the UI (same as polestar 2 I rented from hertz in the UK - multiple layers to get to certain safety functions) and the lane keeping assist which was bouncing in the lanes like a yoyo and freaking out on slightest of turns on dual carriageways. I also had to read FAQ to try to figure out how to consistently operate the assist/acc - it was infuriatingly illogical.

Interior quality wss good, but alternative materials and savings made on window control buttons like in ID.3 is daft. Took me while to figure out hot to use the rotating knob for adjusting the electric seat. It's fairly tight in the back and smallish boot. I know, I'm comparing to MY but there was much more leg room in my ID.3 1st. If your 3yo could easily kick the front seat then your car is small:)

With regards to power delivery - meh. Doesn't feel like 5.3s to 100kph car. Overall, I wouldn't be happier to jump back into MY when back in Ireland.

Post edited by Rusky rusky on

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Richard Symons is usually very honest with his reviews.

Advertisement